The Approved Livestock Education list is below per Department and on the 4-H Livestock Page
or FFA Curriculum
. Youth showing more than one species need to attend a separate education event for each species. New information will be added as it is available.
All youth planning to show OR sell livestock (Beef, Sheep, Swine) at the Dane County Fair must meet these species-specific educational requirements:
- Enroll in the Beef, Sheep, Swine Project by December 31, 2021
- Complete Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) certificate between 9/1/2021-6/15/2022
- Attend at least one approved 4-H education event or FFA curriculum related to the species they intend to show or sell
- Complete all training, and submit your education card (one per species) and YQCA certificate by June 15, 2022
- Submit YQCA certificate and education card(s) online (Portal Link)
Youth will complete and upload a separate Education Requirement Card * for each species.
*Use the Education Requirement Form with the Dane County Fair Logo, not the Youth Livestock Form found on the state online training page.
Education Requirement Forms can be uploaded as scans or high-quality photos. To keep track of forms, some found it helpful to take a picture of the completed form in case the hardcopy is misplaced.