2023 Education requirement submissions are now closed!
After attending an education event/meeting, youth exhibitors will need to complete one of the education cards below per species:
The completed card for each species must be uploaded to the online portal. Education requirements must be submitted by June 15, 2023 to show at the Dane County Fair.
All youth planning to show at the Dane County Fair must meet these species specific educational requirements:
- Attend at least one approved Dane County Fair education event (4-H, FFA curriculum, WYLP, etc.) related to the species they intend to show.
- Complete and upload a separate Education Requirement Card* for each species or the Horse & Pony Education Requirement Card.
- Use the Education Requirement Card with the Dane County Fair Logo, not the Youth Livestock Form found on the state online training page.
- Complete all sections of the Education Card and save as LastName.FirstName.Species (e.g.,Smith.Chris.Horse) before uploading to the online portal.
- Education Requirement Cards can be uploaded as scans or high quality photos. To keep track of forms, some found it helpful to take a picture of the completed form in case the hardcopy is misplaced before the portal opens.
- Complete Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) certificate between 9/1/2022-6/15/2023. YQCA is required for youth who will show dairy, beef, dairy goats, sheep, swine, poultry, rabbits, and/or cavies (not Horse & Pony) at the Dane County Fair. Youth can complete this certification online anytime. There is a $12 fee for the online training. YQCA is designed as an annual education and certification program focused on food safety, animal well-being, and character awareness for youth ages 8 to 21. The program has been designed by extension specialists and national livestock program managers to ensure it is accurate, current, and relevant to the needs of the animal industry and shows and is appropriate for youth.
- Complete all training, and submit education card and YQCA certificate by June 15 via the ONLINE PORTAL. Failure to submit this card by June 15 at 11:59pm will make you ineligible to show your animal at the Dane County Fair.
Below are links to the education offerings approved by the Dane County Fair for all youth groups per Department as well as information on Youth Organizations (4-H, FFA, other youth organizations), Wisconsin Youth Livestock Program, and YQCA.
Contact the Fair Office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.