Interested in shooting sports, hunting, and wildlife? The Wisconsin 4-H Shooting Sports program is open to 4-H youth ages 8 (must be in 3rd grade) to 19.
4-H Shooting Sports is a national program involving 4-H youth and adult 4-H volunteers. The Wisconsin 4-H program uses the National 4-H Shooting Sports curriculum to teach shooting sports safety with adult volunteer instructors. Adult instructors are required to successfully complete a certification workshop before they are approved to teach youth. Our educational focus is on life skills development, safety procedures, and responsible use of firearms and archery equipment.
The 2024 Shooting Sports Handbook has been updated and includes the information you need to know on equipment, training dates, and logistics. Below is also a link to the slide deck from the family orientation in January.
Slide Deck from the 2024 Shooting Sports Information Meeting
Upcoming Dane County 4-H Shooting Sports events are also posted on the Dane County 4-H Events Calendar. The 2024 Fair Shoot dates and locations will be listed in the Premium Book.
Questions about Dane County 4-H Shooting Sports? Contact the Shooting Sports Education Committee at Dane4HShootingSports@gmail.com
More resources can be found on the Wisconsin 4-H Shooting Sports Page.
2024 Information & Meetings
- 1/20/2024 In-Person OR 1/25/2024 Zoom – 4-H Shooting Sports Family
– (Grades 3-13) from 6:30-7:30pm. All youth interested in Archery or other
shooting sports disciplines should plan on attending one of these orientation
meetings with an adult. You will learn about the practice schedules, equipment,
- 3/1/24 & 4HOnline – A reminder that youth interested in shooting sports need to be enrolled in the specific discipline (archery, air pistol, air rifle, muzzleloading, shotgun, pistol, rifle) by March 1. Login to the individual profile in 4HOnline and click on the Project tab to confirm or add project areas.
- 5/18/24 - Fair Shoot for Air & .22 Rifle including Wildlife Ecology Knowledge Challenge - Stoughton Conservation Club (944 Collins Rd, Stoughton) - Fair Entry required in order to participate in Fair Shoot (entries open April 17)
- 6/29/24 - Fair Shoot for All other Disciplines (Archery, 3-D Archery, Air & .22 Pistol, Shotgun, and Muzzle Loading including Wildlife Ecology Knowledge Challenge - Stoughton Conservation Club (see Premium Book for addresses) - Fair Entry required in order to participate in Fair Shoot (entries open April 17)