4-H and Non-4H education requirements for Horse and Pony and Horseless Horse members to show at the Dane County Fair
All members Grade 3 or higher are required to attend a Dane County 4-H Horse and Pony Education Safety Orientation clinic once prior to showing at the Dane County Fair. Members who have successfully completed a safety orientation in prior years do not need to repeat the training.
- 2022 4-H Horse & Pony Education Clinics are open for registration. These opportunities are free and available for all Horse & Pony Project Members, not just those who are interested in showing at the Dane County Fair. All Clinics will be held at the Alliant Energy Center, Pavilion #1, 1919 Alliant Energy Center Way, Madison, WI 53713.
- See the list of clinics and registration links below.
- Review the Dane County Horse & Pony Clinic Reminders before attending a clinic.
- For those attending 4-H Horse and Pony Education Clinics at
the Alliant Energy Center, please note that you should
enter through the Main Gate
off of Rimrock Road and park vehicles and trailers in the South Lot 2 or
Southeast parking lot
– map. This is a change from years past. A
parking pass is also attached as parking is free for the clinics.
- Private lessons, farrier appointments, and vet appointments do not count toward the educational requirement.
More education links are available on the Dane County 4-H Horse & Pony Education Committee Facebook group.