All youth planning to show Dairy at the Dane County Fair must meet these species specific educational requirements:
- Attend at least one approved education event (listed below)
- Education Requirement Card – Complete this card after attending a species-specific education meeting/event to confirm attendance. You should upload the completed card by June 15.
- To upload the education card, please save the document as a JPG, TIFF, or PDF. Youth can take a picture of the education card to upload. Save as LastName.FirstName.Species (e.g.,Smith.Chris.Dairy) before uploading to the online portal.
- Complete all training, and submit education card and YQCA certificate by June 15 via the ONLINE PORTAL. Failure to submit this card by June 15 at 11:59pm will make you ineligible to show your animal at the Dane County Fair.
- If showing in more than one species, youth must complete and submit the requirements for each species separately.
Approved Education Offerings
Contact the Fair Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive approval for educational opportunities not listed.
- 3/14/2023 – Dairy
(Gr 3+) from 7:00-8:00pm at 4-H Office
- TBD – Becoming a 4-H AGvocate - (Gr 6+) at 7:00pm at
- 4/1/2023 – Buzzworthy
Topics In Dairy
(Grades 3-13) from 11:00am-Noon at the Dane Co 4-H
Office, 5201 Fen Oak Drive, Madison. Join us for a fun way to learn about
topics related to the dairy industry and the dairy cow! Practice answering
questions while using a buzzer. This meeting will introduce youth in
grades 3-13 to the 4-H Dairy Bowl.
- 4/2/2023 – UW Vet Medicine - Veterinarian Event – 1:00pm, UW Vet Medicine Bldg
- 5/6/2023 – Lodi Vet Clinic Youth Livestock Day from 9:00-11:00am at Lodi Veterinary Care, 705 N. Main St, Lodi - This interactive day will include activities and presentations by Lodi Veterinary Care professionals related to livestock anatomy, vet trucks and equipment, and small ruminant care. Youth should plan on attending the entire time of the event. Please RSVP by April 22, 2023 to email@example.com or 608-592-7755.
- May 13-14, 2023 – Wisconsin Holstein Cow Camp – Wautoma
- 6/3/2023 – Cows on the Concourse Education Volunteer
- 4-H Team Dairy Judging Practices - variety of dates
- Dairy Judging Team Member/Leadsperson
- Dane County Dairy Bowl 4-H Team Member
- Dane County Dairy Bowl – Attended Practices
- District Show Exhibitor – Holstein and Color Breed equivalent
- FFA Dairy Cow Judging or Dairy Products Judging
- FFA State Dairy Judging/Showmanship
- FFA State Dairy Proficiency Application Completed
- Mid-West National Holstein Show Exhibitor
- PDPW Leadership Program
- WI State/National Breed Show