NEW THIS YEAR! All youth planning to show Dairy Goats at the Dane County Fair must meet these species specific educational requirements:
- Attend at least one approved education event (listed below)
- Education Requirement Card – Complete this card after attending a species-specific education meeting/event to confirm attendance. You should upload the completed card by June 15.
- To upload the education card, please save the document as a JPG, TIFF, or PDF. Youth can take a picture of the education card to upload.
Contact the Fair Office at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Complete Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) certificate between 9/1/2023-6/15/2024. Youth can complete this certification online anytime. There is a $12 fee for the online training. YQCA is designed as an annual education and certification program focused on food safety, animal well-being, and character awareness for youth ages 8 to 21. The program has been designed by extension specialists and national livestock program managers to ensure it is accurate, current, and relevant to the needs of the animal industry and shows and is appropriate for youth.
- Submit your YQCA certificate by June 15 via the ONLINE PORTAL - Opens in April. Failure to submit this card by June 15 at 11:59pm will make you ineligible to show your animal at the Dane County Fair.
2024 Approved Education Offerings
Contact the Fair Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive approval for educational opportunities not listed.